The Refresher Course consists of three sessions of 90 minutes each, divided into three subject areas covering antenatal, labour and postnatal.
Our Refresher course is for parents who’ve already had one or more babies! It’s ideal for those who want to keep updated with all the latest advice and guidelines. It’s a relaxed weekly meet up with our midwives providing help and support specifically tailored to you. Designed for busy parents to revisit labour and birth knowledge and provide an update on breastfeeding and baby first aid, whilst also taking some time out to focus on this new pregnancy and baby.
Preparing for your Next Birth
- Discussing and revisiting your first birth
- Sharing your experiences
- Birth choices on where to have your baby
- Creating your birth plan
- How second & subsequent pregnancies differ
- Mind and body preparation for labour
Labour and Birth Process
- Labour and birth process when you’ve had a baby before
- Birth variations – including induction of labour
- Assisted birth – including VBAC
- Current practices such as delayed cord clamping
- Pain management to suit you
New Baby Advice
- Life with a new baby and the impact on family life
- How siblings may react
- Taking care of yourself – life as a new mum again!
- Breastfeeding advice and support
- Infant First Aid