Connect using a Windows Computer
Should you require help with any of the following please phone our Help Desk: 0333 121 0230
- First you will need to download a small free App from ‘Go To Meeting.
- If asked to choose between running Go to Meeting with or without downloading the App, always select ‘Download’
- The following link will start the installation process and allow you to test your connection to NowBaby Live.
The instructions will open in a new browser window, so that you can easily come back to this page:
Click on this link: NowBaby Live Connection Test
- A screen will be displayed ‘Run Go To Meeting Opener’
- Click ‘Run’
- The software will be downloaded to your computer
- When complete enter your First Name
- You will see a panel displaying the name of the class
- How would you like to listen? click ‘Computer Audio’
- A control panel will appear on your screen, at the top there will be three buttons used for ‘Sharing’
- Below the buttons are three ‘Tabs’, click the Webcam Tab
- You should see yourself via your webcam
- If you don’t see yourself, select a webcam from the dropdown list
- There may be two size options 4:3 and 16:9, click on 16:9
- Now click the Green Webcam button above the tabs to share your webcam.
- Also click on the Red Microphone button to share your mic.
You should be able to see and hear our promotional video running, this is where the Midwife will be during the classes.
How best to view the class
- To hide the large control panel and use a smaller version click on the two arrows in the top right-hand corner of the control panel. (don’t click the X as this will take you out of the class) This is optional and not essential.
- Now drag the bottom right-hand corner of the main screen so that it fills your screen. Don’t click on the ‘Full Screen’ icon because this will hide some controls that you will need to use.
- At the top of your screen is a small icon of two people with a dropdown menu:
- View Everyone
- View who’s talking
- View Presenter
- If the top panel showing the people icon is not available, it means that you are running the ‘Browser’ version of Go to Meeting, for the best experience please go back and download the ‘Desktop’ App.
- For the majority of the class the best option will be ‘View Presenter’ This will hide all the other people in the class and make the midwife full screen, this will also be the best mode for viewing our graphics and videos.
- When the midwife opens the class up to questions you may want to select ‘View Everyone’ so that the class becomes a discussion group.
- Please leave your Microphone ON, the midwife will control it during the class and it will be OFF unless you are asking a question.
- Feel free to use the ‘Chat’ option during the class to send the midwife a message, this is available via the speech bubble on the small control panel.
Please don’t hesitate to contact our help desk if you have any difficulty testing your connection: 0333 121 0230